Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Almost a month in...

Well it is already going to be a month into my stay here in Spain, damn time flies when you are around great people and in a beautiful country such as this. First three weeks were busy and getting acclimated to the new environment here. Been around all of Barcelona now, visited some of the smaller towns around here, had the first game in Valencia, but now I am really trying to get a grasp of the culture here. For some reason I am just deeply drawn to the lifestyle here, the laid back vibe here is just so much more relaxing than being back in the States, but that is just my opinion.

I suppose it is time to get my tourist on here in Spain and start seeing some of the museums around Barcelona. I know that for the first time the other night I was able to see the Sagrada Família, it was an amazing work of architecture. As we walked through the inner center of Barcelona you really come to admire much of the design and layout of the city. The older buildings you really see the detail with the sculptures and carvings into the framework of each building.

We have another bye week coming up soon, and I have pretty much made up my mind that I want to take the boat across the Med to Cairo, Egypt, I have always been fond of seeing foreign locations and I am just glad that God has given me this opportunity to really just see the world. All my life, many of the things I now see I only saw in books and magazines, so witnessing them in person is big to me.

But it is Pioneers week, big derby match this Saturday, so we really need to come into the game focused and full of momentum. We have been tinkering with both the offense and defense so we can really start developing some flow to our game. I think once we just settle down we will be a great team. I know me personally I want to just keep building off the last game, it is like my foot is stuck on the gas, to me their is no such thing as last.

Well, getting my Tarzan on so Esteban Seis is out!

B-town down!

0 comments:

Post a Comment