Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday after a Derby

Well, Saturday nights Battle for Cataluyna ended in a 40-32 victory for our very own B-Town Dracs. Pioneers came into the game very confident, but in the end of the day, the Dracs were just too much for the Puto Pioneers. As you notice it was a very high scoring game, it was really back and forth the whole way, until the forth quarter when it mattered the most, the more confient and just better team prevaled. Offense in this game really came on strong from our poor showing in Valencia, and to think we are not even operating at max capacity yet is just mind boggling. Once we really get into a groove on the offensive side of the ball, we are going to be putting up massive amounts of points. I think on defense we prepared a little too much in anticpation that a certain Pioneer played but he did not. It kind of threw a wrench in our weekly preperations leading up to the game. But we certainly have to step it up on defense. We have a bye week before we head into Madrid to really sit down a re-evaluate what we did wrong and get it fixed. Honestly, if we can just eliminate half of our mistakes on the football field i really do not see a team in Spain even competing with us; furthermore, if we can keep up the momentum running the ball and passing when we need to on offense I really see a possibilty of going to the finals of EFL Euro Bowl. Yes quote me, rewind, what did he just say, yes I said it. Euro Bowl Finals, we have the chemistry, swagger, and team to do it. We have an innovative offense with a young quarterback who is maturing every day, a solid group of receivers, a line that is getting better every week and who is tough, and a running back in Nordi that will pound it out inch by inch if he has too. As long as we can come to practice focused and play with a purpose we will be a contender for a championship run in both Spain and Europe.

How did the game go for me, well they say I did good, but in all reality to my standards I did marginal at best. I had 2 touchdowns on offense but it should have been three. I must admit, I am liking the Sergi to Sergio connection on the deep balls. Call it S squared (I don't have the math sign for squared but you get my point). Defensively I think we were just out of sync. I think once we just said fuck it and run man, we were okay in the second half but the first half was a nightmare on defense for both teams. But with that said, much room to grow and build off of for Osos in Madrid in two weeks.

Yesterday was a cool day, we did a video broadcast interview with the local Badalona communications network. Just talking about the derby win over Pioneers and how we are liking Spain. I told them I love it! When can I get a passport and just make my stay here a life long one. I had the camera guy rolling with that one but in all seriousness why leave? This place is amazing to me, I love it! Each day I wake up and I just see opportunties around every corner here.

But it is Tuesday, I just got back from the gym and hopefully my packages from the States arrive today. Some much needed goodies in them!!!

Esteban Tres Juevos Seis

Peace up, B-Town down!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment