Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gijon.... ok no Gijon....

Well this weekend was originally suppose to be our long road trip to Gijon to play the Mariners, but terrible weather conditions in Northern Spain cancelled our road trip there as the game was suspended. Let down! But what seemed to be a quick let down, was a quick get back up , no homo, thanks to the sexy, sophisticated, everything you want in a woman, but is a man, David Benmayor!!! Him and Nordi lead us into the heart of Barca to the best chupitos joint in all of the BCN. All I know is that we took the Metro to Barceloneta, and when we arrived at the bar, shots of inglorious liquids consumed us, ha. I have never tried some of the shot that we took that night, but like Nordi promised, certainly the best chupitos bar in the BCN, and to be honest the best shots bar I done ever been to now that I put it like that.

After the bar, we headed to the Catwalk, haha, good times. It was a good night with a good amount of teammates, and it ended in a Chupitos Fashion with Meech, Isra, and myself carrying Blasi and his drunk self thru the metros of BCN and BDN, ha. Allan voice, "classic". What a team bonding experience, nothing like carrying your teammate, thrown up on, while I am wearing Carmonas jacket to stay warm, with a metro ticket Pho baught me, hahaha, its like the presence of the entire squad was apon me. All in all it was a great night that is for certain!

Now it is Sunday, we over here de Casa de los Imports just hammered off the weekend. This week should be a great one, we have a new import coming in, Meech boy David from Northwestern, life inside the Independencia Casa going to be filled with great vibes. Imagine that! A SIGMA and a nupe under the same roof, notice the capitalization of SIGMA, you know what it is. But I will welcome by fellow Phi NU Pi greek into the establishment, ha. Also, we got the Serbian Mob up in the crib too! Our boy Lazar, unfortunately he had to leave his home. But all that I have been through, he is more than welcomed to stay in our casa and I will extend my helping hand to him any time of the week.

Today is my fathers birthday!!! Big ups to my dad, I know that the last 3-4 years have been tough on us both, but what does not kill us only makes us stronger. Stronger as individuals but even stronger together because of the experiences that we share. So Happy Birthday to you DAD! Love you and miss you from out here in Espana.

I was just browsing around today, and on Facebook ol Nevada teammate Craig posted a link to a online gallery of photos from back sophomore year at the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl, low key brought back some great memories that I shared with a great group of guys. So in light of the new finding, I figured I would post up one of the game photos, I laugh now thinking that I was almost 240 pounds that year, ha, gordo!

But today we are just recovering from a long weekend, good times here in Spain and from the looks of things the good times will keep rolling with or with out certain individuals. Now thee addition of David and Lazar in the crib only improves the overall vibe here, but more importantly strengthens the bonds we already have established here. With March here, I know April is around the corner. And with April comes EFL Euro Bowl games!!! As Meech would say, O' let do it!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment