Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday after Osos...


Top of the eveving to you, today reminded me while how great the game of football is, you really love these recouperation days to just bum it around the house and relax. Well, Osos came, they saw us, and pretty much that was about it because I think their team never really left Madrid to begin with. We came out from the openning kick off and show set the tone with Nordi returning it for a touchdown. On defense, we started a little slow again but we gathered ourselves, stapped ourselves in, and got focused.

All in all the game itself was a good one, while the score, 49-12 seems good. i still do not believe we are any where near playing up to our true capabilities. We had some errors on both sides of the ball, nothing drastic, just some mental errors that we need to get cleaned up before EFL Euro Bowl group play begins and we face off against the team from Italy and Austria.

I did expect Osos to put up more of a fight to be honest. I think that they spent more of their energy trying to cheap shot us under the pile and with some late hits, don't trip I got your back Big Dave and Meech, that they forgot that they still had to play football and try to win. O well, we just stuck to our game plan, did not let them get in our heads and dialed up a good win for Badalona.

I played okay considering I got cleated after a punt return in the first quarter. My damn right quad took a nice fat cleat to it after the play but it is okay, I think people forget that at this point after all that I have been through I can push through anything. But I will not lie, the shit did hurt, ha! But any ways, another two receiving touchdowns on offense again, had a nice couple runs after the catch in the first half, a cool as my roommate "Guti" will suggest "Reggie Bush"-type punt return going up and across and back wards, and a couple nice shots on some of the Osos wide receivers over the middle. I do not think they will be throwing the ball there in our next encounter. I think Me and Nick do get ESPN Top Blooper nonimation for the last play of the game. I think we both saw 100 yard INT for a touchdown and ended up running into each other, joder! I'll take the blame on that one, ran into my boy Nick, my greedy ass wanted another touchdown.

Side note, I must admit, our HC Oscar, he is one intense ass mo fo! We was up 49-6 and he was yelling and getting on us about mistakes. I was like damn, we up coach, but then again I understand him. We have some big games coming up soon and we really need to limitour mental errors. But he is a great coach and man so I have upmost respect for him.

Now, the moment yall really reading this still, un noche en Barcelona! The night was crazy, Nordi, Meech, and I ended up in our under wear taking pictures at the first bar, I think by then the number of chupitos for each guy their had to have been at least 12-13 by then. So after a cool bar scene we strolled over to the local "boom boom room", ha. Guapas, chupitos, my teammates and friends, I could not have asked fir a better night. We did not stroll into the apartment until about 8 am ish, pretty safe to say we was all shit faced. I do have to call our group last night the "hobbling hooligans" just because I think every one of us was sore or had some kind of knock on from the damn game. I know I limped my ass all the way across town all night, shoot, by the end of the night I was on one leg just holding onto railings to stay up. Damn leg, o well. Good times.

Well, until the next installment, coming to you from Casa de Importos Americanos on Carrer de la Independencia, Julio Georgio or what ever your name was with an O is saying Cianar Moufasa!


0 comments:

Post a Comment