Friday, February 19, 2010

Catalunya vs Madrid...

Well ladies and gents with Friday winding down here in Catalunya, the anticipation for tomorrows match with Osos Madrid is getting me going here in the early evening. After watching the Euro Players documentary on last season Euro Bowl between Swarco and Flash, it has really just motivated me further to play even harder, faster, and with more urgency. As I was watching the footage, after you block out the big name sponsors, fancy uniforms, and all the other variables surrounding the game; you notice that their is nothing special about either team. While I will not discredit them, they do have outstanding coaching and discipline on both sides of the ball, and some nice talent, their is not differance between them and Dracs.

No difference? Did he just say what I think he said? Yes I did, some guys will say you have only 22 players or some of your team is junior players. What they forget is that when the lights come on, laces are tightened, and chin straps buckled up, the only thing that matters is the 11 guys that take the field representing your team. The cheerleaders, uniforms, visors, sponsors, and all that other crap means nothing in between the two goal posts and green field. The only thing that matters is the will and desire in the hearts of yourself and teammates.

With that said. I have made a commitment to myself to do anything and everything on the field to bring to Badalona, the city that has given my career and life a second wind, a EFL Euro Bowl and out right Spanish League Championship. I feel that in my first two games here in Espana I played shitty and unemotional. I feel as if I only gave half of me, but come tomorrow, and every day after that, my teammates, coaches, and other members of this great organization will see another side.

Winning is not just something you do or show up and get lucky with. Winning is a state of mind, it is a culture with in a team that is evident from the president down to the equipment managers. We must establish a new mind set, build off the Drac reputation of being hard faught players who strike fear in the heart of their opponents. Build off that, build more fear in our opponents. have them know whether they line up against our most seasoned or youngest player, they will have their ass handed to them.

This is Dracs football, this is the start of what I will call our destiny.

No good byes, only hellos.

Ima Drac! What are you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment