Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chalk up another one, 20 left...

... to be honest I am very surprised as to how fast my remaining days in Europe are moving along. More often than not when you are pressed with a date or special event, the anticipation and build up seems utterly slow. You get to a point were you often refer to the "Christmas Affect" were as a child you anxiously await the night prior to opening up all those presents under the tree. That feeling of anxiousness and anticipation is the same feeling I get now looking at my days remaining in the EU. Today marks 20 days remaining and another installment of 28 Days to the Center of Sergio, me, so with that said... O' Let Do It!!!

In life their is ups and downs, but the most important thing is that you get back up and dust your self off. Growing up we all have songs that some what embody that, or songs that we turn to when we are down. People take for granted the power of music, much a like the power of sports, their is some thing in each of their chemistries that can change our views on life. With that said, Day 20 of the countdown goes to a song that has always been some what moving to me. Much a like the title of the album it is featured on Mad Season, you could make the comparison to a some what Mad Life called mine. From college football wins over Top 25 teams to depression, graduating from college to anorexia, playing in Europe to insomnia, for every down their has been an up to my life. While many people would see it as, "what the heck you doing with yourself", I simply look at it as my ability to just dust it off. So in the midst of the downs, a song that has carried me from my teen age days back at Bosco Tech, Bent off the Mad Season album by Matchbox 20:




0 comments:

Post a Comment