Thursday, January 14, 2010

First Practice...

Well it was a nippy evening practice, but it felt good to get the legs going here on new soil. I finally got to meet most of the guys who I had been communicating with for some time via Facebook or instant messenger services. Overall I must say that we have a great group of guys here with Dracs. From Presi, down to the support staff, and every teammate, their is just a great sense of humor, but most importantly and strong feeling of family here with the team.

Yesterday was actually a very nice day leaidng up to practice. Hung out with Nestor for the majority of the day and was amazed at how creative that guys mind his. Seriously. This guy Nestor does just about everything, crazy man with swords, armour, his skills in design, moto bikes, practically the whole nine yards. I fortunate to have got to meet his family and have a meal with them in the afternoon.

Then coach came by to go over the play book and off to juniors practice with Alfonso we went. Laza finally was able to get the pads I had got for him back in the states. You really see that here, in Spain, while soccer is dominant their is definitely a growing interest with American football.

Practice... I think many thought I was a little nuts in the short sleeve warming up with no sweater but I have to thank the terrible weather in Nevada for preparing me for the cold here in Europe this time of the year. Very good practice in general, these guys really enjoy hitting each other and just having fun. I think I am going to start bringing, as discussed with Sergi and Nestor, a bottle of liqour for Chupitos for a special some one. Do not worry, it is more of an incentive to do a particular something that he was not going this Wednesday night, hehehe. But all kidding aside, I really feel something special about this team. The chemistry, the brotherhood, the sheer desire to play this sport is just so evident here. I know many of the guys say we have a smaller team in comparison to many teams around Europe with larger payrolls or sponsors. I honestly do not think it matters, because the size of the hearts in the Dracs players is bigger than any other.

Dracs 2010

Sergio Villasenor

0 comments:

Post a Comment