Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Badalona...

Well today is the first day that I am technically in Spain. Yesterday was a great day, just being in Spain for the first time and meeting such wonderful players and members of the organization was amazing. The hospitality here is great, from the moment you step off the plane you really feel just something special about being here. I must admit, getting off the plane yesterday I was a little nervous, only because my damn luggage was the last bags off the go-round. But once Alfonso and Jordi met me in the terminal the experience just grew by the minute.

After arrival we went to go get my roommate and new team mate Nick, he is out of the UK, and we instantly hit the ground running. We got to the apartment the team fixed up for us and threw our stuff down and were on the go again. From there Alfonso and Jordi stacked us up with a fridge and kitchen full of food, set us up with our cell phones, and hooked up the Wi-Fi here at the apartment.

Then one word..... chupitos.... Presi, president for short for our team owner Jose Luis Soler, took us out to eat with teammates at the "Chinos" spot down the street. Man we was grubben off that Asian stuff, and then the waiter comes and says "Chupitos"? Nick was like, "what is that?". Alfosno described it as a shot but I think Nick thought that of an expresso considering Presi just worded some coffee. So Nick agreed under false pretences. Then the waiter comes out with a shot glass and some Chinesse-inspired liquor, no bueno. By then end of it all Nestor was mas Chupitos mas Chupitos, so I had to take some with Nick. Last time we agree to some "chupitos".

Side note, what amazed me was how cool the city is here in Badalona, what Americans would call a suberb of Barcelona. You have fresh markets with vegetables, meats, and pan. It really is a great place to be. They even have a sports supplement shop, which quite amazed me, so had to get some protein powder because I left mines at home in Los Angeles.

Well it is going to be 8 o'clock and probably will be hitting the gym here in a couple minutes once Nick gets up. Practice is a PM practice today so after the gym I suppose a days worth of site seeing and walking around the city.

Adios.

- Sergio Villasenor

0 comments:

Post a Comment