Friday, May 7, 2010

A weekend in Vienna...

... well I was disappointed yes that I could not play against one of the biggest teams in all of the EU, the Vienna Vikings. To be honest, I think it was more a inner anger, I had come to Badalona Dracs to play in EFL Euro Bowl and show case my skills against some of the best Europe had to offer. However, that aspiration would have to come to a halt as I had not yet fully recovered. While my leg felt great, and I wanted to play, hence the half time change in clothes from street attire to pads. I really was going to go in if coach let me. But all in all, Coach Oscar and Presi has my best interests in mind and did not let, with play offs right around the corner, and my leg now 100%, why risk it. I do appreciate their judgement and the fact that they truly do have my best interests in mind. So to that, I am very grateful. But sadly, we lost, and now are out of Euro Bowl. While our attention now focuses on wining the LNFA 2010 Championship with playoffs just around the corner, my motivation is at an all time high. I can not wait to set foot on the field and just get back to ball'n.

But, while the Dracs may have lost, there is no doubt that the Vienna Vikings community did not appreciate our heart and our "after game activities", lol. I have only one thing to say, WOW. But all in all, the Vienna Vikings fans, team, and organization provided us with a first class experience both during the game and after. The team took us out to one of the local spots after the post game BBQ, and to say the least, we had a great time.

I would also like to thank the Marriot in Vienna for providing me with a months supply of 15g Nutella packs. I went down on Monday to get my feast on at the complementary breakfast in teh courtyard, and well my mouth dropped when I saw the travel size Nutella packs that the hotel had at breakfast. I think I took the entire jar, ha! So Marriot, GRACIAS! Me is gordo, ha!

Here are some photos from the weekend:





0 comments:

Post a Comment