Sunday, May 16, 2010

Adios Espana...

... okay I know that I have not provide an update in some weeks but here we go. This past week I was forced to make a critical decision that would change my immediate surroundings. What happened? Well, this past week I made the move from the Badalona Dracs to the Bergamo Lions, a team based out of Milan, Italy. I know to many this may come as a surprise; however, after countless hours of weighing out the scenarios. I felt that it was in my best interest to make the late season transfer to Bergamo.

To many this may seem simple, but to me leaving behind in Badalona many great guys was difficult. I have often expressed how much I loved the city, but more importantly the incredible men that I met along the way while playing for Dracs. My former teammates in Badalona were amazing, and provided me with an experience that I will never forget. From the moment I stepped foot in Spain, these guys looked after me as if I was one of them from birth. I felt a deep connection to each of my teammates and members of the organization in Badalona, which made this move a difficult one.

So now, the move to Bergamo has been made complete and I will take the field next Sunday in gold and black for this first time vs Hogs in a game that will decide the playoff future of the Lions here in Bergamo. So stay tuned for another chapter of European Football and more importantly my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment