Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday Relief....

Well it is Wednesday here in Badalona and the big show down between us and the Pioners is only days away. Yesterday provide me with some real relief as I was dealing with a situation that had me in a real bind. It was either go home or find another team that could offer me a little more, but in the end, everything worked itself out. Which I am very grateful for by the way, not only because I was able to find solutions that would allow me to stay on Dracs. But, more importantly, those solutions allowed me to stay in a city that I have come to love. The team and organization here in Badalona has really grown on me. Before coming to Badalona to play for Dracs, my career and life were really just doom and gloom. It was a life that had seen far to many winters and not enough summers if you catch my drift. However, since arriving here I have found, as I would call it, an inner peace within myself that I never really knew of. Seriously, for so long I had been confused about my life, wondering which road to venture on. Since being here, the Dracs and the city of Badalona have brought some clarity into my life, a lot to be honest. So Jordi, Pho, Big Sexy and Sophistacted Dave, Nestor, coach, and really all the guys here for making this experience and opportunity one that I will never forget. Not just because of the times we share on the field, but all the ones we share off it.

So now that my stay here in Badalona has been confirmed for the remainder of the season, best believe the goal and target is still the same. A LNFA 2010 Spanish and EFL 2010 Euro Bowl Championships. With the arrival of Duba on the Defensive Side of the ball I really find it difficult for any one to move on us now. Having another defensive back to provide some real reinforcement and game knowledge is crucial to our success. So Pioners this Saturday, in L'Hospitalet, its going down!!! We beat them the first go around 42-30; however, one of the most difficult things to do in sports is beat the same team twice in one season. So we have to remain focused, play our game, and just play hard till the last whistle if we want to come out victorious. This game is pivotal in cementing our playoff first round bye and locking up the regular season championship. So as Meech would say "O' Let Do It!!!"

That is it for Wednesday, short, sweet, and to the point, just like I like my women, lol. Terrible phrase but it just went so well together, o well, ha! But its Wednesday, the sun is shining, and we are the in B-Town baby so lets get it crackin!

Esteban Tres Huevos Seis! Over n Out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment