Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursdays Insight.....

Well it is Thursday morning here in Badalona and to be honest I am feeling better and better with each day that passes. While the arrival of Duba has brought some rather "nippy" weather, it has brought a great personality to de Casa de Importos de Futbol Americano, ha! Seriously, the whole chemistry of the apartment has just changed, and believe you me, for the better. With Lazar in here as well the whole vibe is just so positive. To be honest, I strongly feel we have a great chemisty here at the crib that allows each one of our own individual qualities to just shine thru.

But in all honesty this week has just been filled with excitement and in turn just flown by already. We had the most snow fall here in the Barcelona region in decades, as previously stated the arrival of thee Nupe, Lazar coming into the crib, and the launch of Imported Goods on UStream. This is why I am falling in love with the European lifestyle, but also playing football here in Spain. Here in Badalona we have a team who plays the game out of pure love. The companionship and brotherhood that resides with this group of guys is evident in everything we do. Add that to the fact that I am in one of the greatest, if not the greatest (don't want to discredit any other city), and you have an experience of a lifetime. I know that it is only my first season here in Europe; however, the Dracs organization has set in my mind that Badalona is the only team I would ever want to play for when I come out to Europe. We may not be the biggest, strongest, fastests, or richest team/ organization in the EU, but we have the most heart and play with a passion that exceeds your average players.

I have inserted some short clips of the game this past week against the Valencia Firebats. It was a good game that really solidified our position as the top team in LNFA 2010 here in Espana. Now we have to continue building from week to week and get ready to face off against the Pioneers next Saturday in L'Hospitalet. That game will determine whether or not we are able to lock in a bye week in the playoffs and be put into the Semi-Finals automatically. So there is a lot at stake in terms of giving us time off to recoup for playoffs and most importantly prepare for the EFL Euro Bowl which is right around the corner. But as previously stated, here are the clips:



If you have been following my blog here on Blogspot I would like to recommend that you also check out my roommates and good friends blogs as well. Demetrius Eaton, aka Meech or to all you sexy ladies out there Meechie Baby, is a great guy who I have had the opportunity to share some time with here in Espana. I don't want to sound homo or anything but this dude has really made the stay here thus far a great one. He is a very open minded person who is sincere about everything he does in life, so with that said, follow his blog at Euro Ballers, or just CLICK HERE!!!

Next, David Oredugba, aka thee Nupe on Imported Goods. I have only had about a half week to get to know Dave but in all honesty this guy is a one of a kind guy, I know I know, strong no homo, but I mean it is what it is. His creativity and just whole vibe elevated the Casa de Importos from the day he arrived. Okay, so he brought the snow but shoot, with in the first 24 hours of him getting on Espana soil, we launched Imported Goods via UStream and just in general maken the days a lot more worth while with three cats, I mean four (Serbian Mob aka the "Beast", Lazar), that just want to enjoy life and be happy. None of the guys that reside in thsi casa focus on the negavities in life or all that other, excuse my French, BULLSHIT! We are just here to experience a new culture, meet some great new friends, play the sport we love, and really just diversify our selves individually and come together and join to form what can be an unstoppable for in various aspects of business and life. But look for his blog which I believe will be up shortly called if I remember correctly, "Blame it on Duba". Should be up with in the next few days so check it out. This Nupe is one of the few I can kick it with, Azul and Rojo, we aint crips or bloods, but we got a gang of Greeks steppin in our Clicks though, ha!

Big ups to FRAT back in Reno, Nevada. Mayo Thompson, Marcus White, Jon Baur, Anthony Dionisi, Reginald Greer, Lawrence James, Lee "Turtle" Massey, and yours truly Esteban Tres Huevos Seis aka THΣ PHRANCHIZΣ are about to be chartered here in days at the Phi Beta Sigma, INCORPORTAED Western Regionals. I know the men previously stated have put in countless hours and work to charter the first Phi Beta Sigma chapter on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno, but it is worth every blood, sweat, and tear, best believe that!!!

But its getting pretty long so I'll just leave you with one last thing, don't live life, love to live life. Make every day an important one, focus on what you can do, not what you don't got! Because to often we waste time blaming other and focusing on the negatives that we are bombarded with. So stay up. One Love.

Esteban Tres Huevos Seis, LIVE from Badalona, Barcelona, Espana.

"Get your WE-KEY WE-KEY on!!!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment