Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Taking the L in L'Hospitalet

Well it is Tuesday and it appears that the fumes from the loss are still burning, well inside me at least. I hate losing, who doesn't, its like my boy Ice said, "fucking makes me sick." To be honest, this loss really did make me sick. So we go into L'Hospitalet to face off against the Pioners for the second installment in what I will call the Battle for Catalunya, ha, trademark that thank you very much. But back to the story, well to be frank, not much of a story other than a strong let down performance on our part. We came out in the first half and I felt played a decent enough game to win; however, the second half it was as if God himself could not inspire us. We were simply flat, uninspired, and from what on-looker said "scared". And I will agree, it is what it is, and to credit the Pioners and their organization they capitalized time and time again on the mental and physical errors we continued to make play in and play out in the second half. But amongst the loss their was some lessons to be learned, there always is, you just have to be willing to accept them. As a team, Dracs learned that we can not be complacent, and I take some of that responsibility in being too lax and not more focused. Well, I'll tell you this, next time the Dracs take the field, we will be inspired, motivated, and play with a relentlessness that will be something Badalona has never seen. We have crucial matches in the European Championships coming against Bolzano Giants and Vienna Vikings, we can not afford to put on display the same act we did in L'Hospitalet. We must play with fire, we must play with Corazon!!! Those are the principles that built up a reputation of fear, one the Dracs embody, and will once again embody, because anything less than a Spanish Championship and a great run in EFL Euro Bowl will be beyond let down. Because I feel true in my heart that this team, this coach, this organization, this city of Badalona, a city that has re inspired my life, is both ready and capable of not only a Spanish, but also a EFL Championship. This is my commitment, this is my promise, that I will do everything in my power, every ounce of sweat and drop of blood I will give to bring that Championship to this city. And even though our team is small in numbers, we are large in heart, and I know that every single Drac feels the same way. So as Meech says, "O' Let Do It!!!!"

Imported Goods will be airing a full season, starting I believe this week, that will capture the life and times of American and dual passport imports in the EFAF league throughout the EU. I know we should have had one air last week; however, we did not want to put out an inferior product. So we have some great clips on the Meechie and Duba cams to edit for your viewing pleasure so look out for that. Also, in about a week, look for the new website of the Badalona Dracs, curtoisty of Imported Goods and our three team members, Duba, Meech, and myself, should be a nice new website that will feature easy user interaction, live broadcasting capabilities, and fan forums and other attractions. So that will be up shortly.

Well even though we took the loss, we still attempted to make it a great weekend as a team, and that we did. We celebrated the birthday of our sofa sleepen, ketchup, mayo, cream cheese, and bread eatin, Serbian mob and National Player, Lazar big birthday this past weekend. We hit up the top bar in Barca with my boy big sexy and sophisticated Dave. Along for the great times were all of the Dracs pretty much, Carmona, Marcel, Ice (who is one crazy and funny mother f^^^er by the way), Nestor (my main man and brother from another mother), and the man of the hour, Nordi (thee craziest Spaniard in all of Spain) along with the Imported Goods Click as well. So we got our groove on, took down some drinks, enjoyed each others company, and then proceeded to the club only known as Otto. Where we danced, we got jiggy with it, ha, enjoyed the presence of the fine spanish guapas that were simply everywhere that night. I think I might have found my Spanish citizenship chicka by the way, ha, but that is not for this story, that Booooooooty deserves its own blog, lol.

But it is Tuesday here in the BDN, we had a great practice last night, we have a big game as I mentioned earlier against Bolzano Giants so preparations are in full affect. No let downs this time, but only hard work and dedication will get us glory in EFL and LNFA 2010. So lets get to work!!!

This is Esteban Tres Huevos Seis, over n out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment