Sunday, April 11, 2010

Vamo Gijon

...well, not really go to Gijon, because we just got back but overall a great weekend. I was thinking of staying in Badalona because of the knee but I had to hop on that 14 hour bus ride to the Northern country side. So we rolling and fortunately for me Jordi hooked us up with the Netbook and Orange wireless internet card for the road. So its about hour 9 into the trip, the suns out and some of the most breathe taking sights I have ever seen looking out of the bus. That Northern Espana country side, no joke, beautiful.

So we arrive in Gijon, and I must admit, probably one of the nicer sports facilities I have seen in all of Europe, real clean, nice, fresh ocean breeze coming off the playa. So it is all gravy. So you know the guys and I hit the town for some midday Gijon atmosphere. Gijon though, shoot, I do not mean to be on it so hard but the place is nice. Espana in general just keeps amazing me with all of the great things it has to offer. But any ways, back on track, big ups to the locals of Gijon for providing your boy with some Spanish cuisine, ha, guys know what I am talking about. But the game time came, and then went, lol. so great weekend thus far, Meechie and Duba balled out on the Imported Goods front, the team stepped up and took care of the Gijon contingent... then.... the ride back, ha!

Started at a eatery about an hour and half outside of Gijon where we set up Dracs camp for El Classico, not much of a classic because Messi and Xavi where in full affect. Madrid, come on now, you can't stop the BCN, we are too heavy out here. Then it starts..............

....... and thats about all you will get form that story because like I stated in my Facebook status update. The Gijon bus ride back was a mix of pledge and freshman year football, and if you know anything about either one, mums on it, ha! But it is Sunday here in Catalunya, Jordi hooked us up with a great lunch at Can Pelat, probably one of the best Catalan spots to eat at here in the BDN, if not thee best. Now we just chilling at the Casa de Importos waiting for the Ice Man to show up and kick it with us.

Soooo its onto Osos, hopefully I get the MRI results this week to see about my knee, but until then Ima have to take the shirt off and enjoy some beautiful Catalunya sun rays and guapas, catch me on thee playa!

Esteban Tres Huevos Seis! Es nada baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment