Monday, April 19, 2010

Fractured tibia, Osos, and the start of my confessions...

...well initially I had some great results with the doctors, with regards to my right knee; however, after our team doctor took another look at my MRI scans. It was evident that my tibia was fractured, hence the pain I still feel in my right leg today. Good thing is that there is no real big damage outside of the fracture. What does it all mean? It means that I am out for about 2-3 months, so if we make the LNFA Finals this season, or semi-finals, their is a good chance I could see the field again for Dracs this season.

Just got back in from Osos Rivas Madrid, it was a closer game that the score line may tell, but in the end, Dracs came out victorious. Duke Duba did his thing against them lames from Osos, in what I would call, typical So Cal Fashion, ha. Meech came out after a quarter, they keep cheap shott'n us out here, good thing that he is okay and will be 100% for Vienna.

But here is my first installment of what I will call, "Confessions of the International Spotlight". 1st entry, here we go...... well I feel since I am injured, I write about how ironic the injury was in terms of my decisions to stay in Badalona. I love it here, I truly do, I feel that this city has sparked something good inside me that had been missing the past 3-4 years. But let us rewind 4 weeks prior. We are just wrapping up our 2nd game against L'Hospitalet, which we lost, and Zurich Renegades offers me a contract to join their squad mid-season. How much was the offer? It was a large sum of money I will just put it that way. The first play of the next game, which was my first EFL Championship game vs Bolzano Giants, Italian Champs, I take the opening kick off and fracture my tibia. Now, the next three weeks, and still a little today, I have wondered what if? Was it worth being a team player and staying? Was it worth being loyal to the team that gave my career a second wind? The city that provided me some internal life once more? I love playing football, I live life to play this game, the joy that it brings me is indescribable. When I get to a game, the nerves are firing, the temperature is rising, and I just feel the blood rushing through my body. I love football. And now to be on the sidelines, not able to play, kills me. Looking back now, the Zurich deal that I turned down to stay in Badalona, seems ironic. But my boi Ismael "Bad News, aka Ice" Sanchez believes that their is something bigger for me here in Badalona. I never told him about the Zurich deal, nor any one else outside of Meech, Duba, and my family, but I agree with him. Turning down that deal meant something. While my injury is unfortunate I must look beyond it, as my mom and dad say, look at the bigger picture. I am still in the greatest place on earth, Catalunya, I still got my boys behind me, and one thing that a contract can not buy is family and trust, two things I am sure I have here in Badalona. So while my season is over, unless we make semis and final of LNFA, I am appreciative of what God has put forth and given me. A second family here in Badalona. The last four weeks I must admit I have been down in the dumpster, lol. Really have, but my mother told me yesterday that their is still so much to be appreciative and proud over. I have a team that supports me and I am experiencing things some people only wish they could. So with that said, I think last night i officially pulled my "head out of my ass" and is think'n right again. Yes I am. This is my first confession of many to come.

Esteban Tres Huevos Seis, over and out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Sergio, you know Dracs is like a great little family. Thanks for having stayed in Badalona. Soon you will be back in the field.

Sergio Villasenor said...

Hell yeah Vicente! I will be back in no time. No pasa nada!

Post a Comment